Total Pageviews



2 June 2010

My Clinique skincare routine


I change my skincare A LOT, as I quickly get bored and want to try new products.

But I always go back to Clinique, and when I do, I realise nothing beats it! Nothing makes my skin feel more awake, clean and fresh.

I am currently having a love affair with Clinique (again!) and here is what I do on most days, morning and night.

Cleanse:
I willl use one of these to remove my makeup.

Wash-Away Gel cleanser is perfect for night time as it is cooling and tingling. This is great for when my skin is especially oily. 

Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser is a creamy white mousse which lathers with a bit of water. It makes my skin very soft and is very mild, gentle and moisturising.

Take The Day Off is perfect for the morning. I rub it in my skin (no water) before I rinse well.

After this my skin is well prepared for the 3-Step skin care regime...


3 - Step:

I think people are pretty familiar with the 3-Step system.

Step 1 (cleanse) is the liquid facial soap. I have it in oily combination to oily. I only need a small pump of this soap to clean my entire face really well. This will remove the remainder of your makeup & take care of excess oiliness etc.

Step 2 (exfoliate) is the clarifying lotion.This makes all the difference. It is pretty strong, but I love what it does. This deflakes the skin's surface to smooth and reveal clearer skin. (This also works as spot treatment!)

Step 3 (moisturise) is my favourite part. The Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is simply one of a kind. No other moisturiser sinks into my skin as quick, and makes my face feel as soft as a baby's bum! Even hours after applying this, I can touch my cheek and it seriously feels like silk. I have the gel one, not the lotion one, as my skin tends to be oily.


More moisture:

On some days my skin needs extra moisture. More than what my darling Dramatically Different can offer. 
I will then use Superdefense, which has an SPF of 25! This is a thick and luxurious cream. 

I use Clinique's All About Eyes cream every day. It is peach in colour, light in consistency, full of moisture and feels great on my delicate eye area.


Exfoliation:

Once a week I will exfoliate with either of these two. I love them both. They are not too rough on the skin, smell nice (minty!) and they leave my skin amazingly soft!


I hope that was somewhat informative ;)



Let me know if you use Clinique and is as happy with it as me!



♥ 

7 comments:

  1. I have samples of the 3 step system and I really want to try it! Im waiting untill my usual skincare has run out and then I shall :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clinique skin care and I always use the dramatically different moisturiser its so wonderful. If you havn't already you really have to try the deep comforting body butter, I am new to this product and recently reviewed it on my blog if you want to check it out. I have never tried the clarifying lotion so this is the next on my list I think, thanks for another great blog laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, the rinse off foaming cleanser is fab, I love it! All about eyes is great too. I was planning to get the Superdefense moisturiser but I think it's safer to use a dedicated face SPF.

    Your blog is too cute, and I love it's name! I recently started one - www.clickandmake-up.blogspot.com - I hope you like it :)

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @hannah - You'll love it! :)

    @laura - Thanks!

    @Kat - Thank you too. I will check your blog out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa! u love clinique! glad the system works for u~! it's hard to find a great match for everyone's skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the clarifying lotion as a spot treatment as well!

    i never thought to try clinique for an exfoliator.

    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try their eye cream, but i'm not sure if the all about eyes will be rich enough for my horribly dry skin, and then i worry that all about eyes rich will make my sensitive skin burn like others do :(

    ReplyDelete

Make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer




Now then...

All views and opinions on this blog are my own. All products mentioned on this blog have been purchased by me, with my own money, unless otherwise stated. If at any time I receive a product which I have not purchased myself, and I decide to review it on my blog, I will include all relevant information about how/where it came from in the blog post.

That's all ;)